Friday, November 7, 2014

Quilted Nail Art with Gold Decals & Glitter

Sorry this is a bit late being posted, but I've had an extremely busy week, with lots of doctors' appointments, etc, but I really wanted to show you what I did this week, because I am so pleased with the way it turned out.  Here is a photo of the mani for this week, taken just after it was done on Sunday, 2nd November.


I apologise for the picture being slightly blurred, but we are still trying to work out the best way to photograph my manis, etc.  However, you can see pretty well what it looks like.  

The colours I used were Maybelline "Tart", which is a beautiful, rich, dark plum colour, and MUD "paparazzi", which is gold and silver hexagon glitter of different sizes in a clear base polish. On the feature nails I added gold striping tape and placed 1.5mm gold decals where the tapes crossed over each other.  The"Tart" went on really well, and I only needed 2 coats to get full coverage.  The "paparazzi" only needed one coat to get this effect. I started with 1 coat of Revlon Quick Dry Base Coat and finished off with Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat, using 1 coat on the glitter nails and 2 coats over the taping and decals on the feature nails.  I am topping it up each day with another coat of the top coat.

Unfortunately, the photo just does not do it justice, because it really looks amazing.  The dark plum colour is so rich, and the gold and silver glitter, and the taping and decals, shine so brightly that the result is really eye-catching. Everywhere I've been this week people have said how gorgeous it looks, and asked how I did it, which has been really encouraging for me. I, myself, am really chuffed with the way it looks.  It took me ages to do, because it was my first time using the striping tape, but I just love the effect it gives and I have heaps of different colours, so I will definitely be using it more tapes in the future.

Thank you for checking out my blog, and I hope you'll come back to see what I have for you next week.

Have a wonderful day, and God bless you.

Hugs

Christine

(Please check out my other blog below, too)

Words of Life and Hope


No comments:

Post a Comment