Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Celestial Cosmetics "Pixie's Place" & LYZ Cosmetics "Hearts On Fire" Manicure - 11 August 2015

Today I have my latest manicure, featuring Celestial Cosmetics "Pixie's Place" and LYZ Cosmetics "Hearts On Fire", from the Fairybread February 2015 Sweet Surprise Box, but unfortunately neither of these polishes are available anymore.  However both sites have lots of other wonderful polishes available for you, so please check them out and find out why I love them both so much.


I started my manicure with one coat of Pretty Serious "Rock On" Nail Strengthener, and one coat of Grace-full Nail Polish "Base Coat", to all my nails.

Next, I applied two coats of Celestial Cosmetics "Pixie's Place" to all my nails.  This polish is just gorgeous, to say the least.  It was described on the website when I bought it as "a bronze scattered holo with flakies", but I'd describe it as a pink/beige bronze holo shimmer polish, absolutely loaded with gold and bronze micro-glitter and gold and bronze flakies.  The overall effect is dazzling, especially in the sunshine, and even in filtered sunshine as shown above.  It went on smoothly and easily and, if I hadn't planned to photograph it for my blog, one coat would have given great coverage, but I wanted to get more of a crelly effect, so I used the two coats. The finish was lovely and smooth, with no problem getting loads of glitter and flakies in each stroke.  As you can see from the bottle in the photos, when I said it was "loaded with glitter", I wasn't joking.  If you get the chance to pick up a bottle of this in a destash anywhere, buy it, because I know you wouldn't regret it, but I don't think anyone would want to sell it if they've already got it.

Then I applied two coats of LYZ Cosmetics "Hearts On Fire", a clear glitter base polish, absolutely chock-a-block with tiny bronze glitter, medium pink hexagonal glitter, and silver holo shards. As you can see from the photo above, the effect is stunning.  I didn't have to do any digging at all to get the shards because there are plenty in the bottle, the polish went on very easily, and the finish was just a little rough.  I used two coats because I wanted to get a jelly effect, and it worked beautifully.  This is another polish I would definitely recommend to everyone if you can manage to get hold of a bottle, but I'm not sure that people would want to sell this one, either, if they've got it.

I finished off with one coat of Grace-full Nail Polish "Quick Dry Top Coat", which covered even the polish on my ring fingers beautifully.  This top coat seems to give every polish, glitter or creme, a perfect cover, and is so easy to use.  I can definitely recommend this if you're looking for a good all-round top coat.

Here are some more photos taken under a variety of lighting conditions so that you can see how beautiful these polishes are.  They're even more wonderful in real life, though, so I hope you can get a bottle of each one somewhere.  If you want to see larger versions of the photos, just click on them.

   

     

 

So, that's my manicure for another week.  As you can see, these two polishes are amazing under just about any type of lighting you could think of.  Please feel free to leave comments if you so wish, and if you'd like to follow my blog, you can do so by filling in one of the boxes at the top right-hand side of the page.

Thanks for visiting, and I hope you'll come back often to see what I have to share with you.  As I told you in my last post, I have some really exciting posts coming up for you in the not-too-distant future. 

Have a great week, and may God bless you!

Hugs

Christine

(Please check out my other blog below, too.)

Words of Life and Hope

I have nothing to declare for this post. All these products are part of my personal stash, paid for by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment